Thursday, May 11, 2006

Strange...!



I have been down with this annoying flu for three agonising days...
Didn't go to work on Friday, Monday and Tuesday...
My having flu is always annoying because, any damn thing can and may trigger it.
Right now, my nose is making the run--attempting to leave my face...and I have so rubbed it, that the redness is like headlamp.
And I sneeze around thirty-nine times per minute... my head throbs and my ears are blocked and my breath comes in gasp.


As I sat behind my desk--face raised --so this watery catarrh would not drop on the papers, Tracy pops in her head..."hi ya"... she says...
Hello Tracy, I tried saying with my mouth... but very word comes out nasalized.


The police are here to see you was her next statement.
What...?
Two policemen are down-stairs with Justin... I think he is in alot of trouble...they wanno have a word with you...
Me...?" If Justin is in alot of trouble, what has that got to do with me"...I asked her...

We hurried down-stairs. And behold, the police were there for real--with Justin...and he had this strange look on his face...like a cornered rat.


My boss was the first to speak. She said... " officers, this is 'so-obscure'... the one in the CCTV recording".
I looked at Justin straight in the eyes and asked ..."Justin, whats going on...?"
One of the policemen reponded by telling me that for the past five months or there-about, Justin has been smoking 'weed' in the premises...
What has that got to do with me...I asked the officer...
We saw you with Justin on two ocassions in those recordings... and we want to know if you smoke 'weed' too.
For the first time, Justin opened his stinking weedy mouth and said..."officer, he doesn't smoke..."


Yes, ...I don't smoke cigarrette... let alone 'weed'....

That was the statement that saved me my job.

Justin was taken away. According the officers, he's been arrested for 'anti-social behaviour'...

Back upstairs, my boss asked the secretary to type Justin's termination letter. He will get that when he finishes with the police.

The bottom-line is that Justin has turned the car park within the work premises to 'a joint'--where he chills out during lunchbreak to puff his marijuana. He sits in his car while listening to some 'acid rock', and puff away...


Didn't know that the security men had warned him on one ocassion.
They called in the police.

How can any sane man bring marijuana to work and dare to smoke it within the premises....?
I never knew that Justin smokes 'weed'. What I do know is that, he is too quiet to be normal.

Too bad, it had to end this way.
What will he tell his folks back home?


4 comments:

TMinx said...

So soooooo, u know u puffed one or two...just kidding.

Lucky the boy wasn't too weeded out to exonerate you! Wonder how people just waste their lives

Nneka's World said...

Caught smoking the ol wacky backy!
As taureen said, yeah its good the guy was not too spaced out to lie against you.

Anonymous said...

You're damn lucky. You funky WHITE BOY pretending to be a black African.

so-obscure said...

Sean Paul, I only just saw comment. Thanks for stopping by.
For being lucky, I guess I would say yes...

But being a 'white boy'... I don't know what you are talking about...