Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Who Can Interpret This...?

I do not attach much importance to dreams. Often times, when I dream, I don't remember same in the morning. I just go about my normal or abnormal duties/chores/boring routines and all whatnot.

When I was younger, I used to dream of horrible creatures chasing me. They were frightening. Once, my grandma advised me to always try and stretch out my legs whenever I'm having these nightmares. It worked.

Now as an adult, I don't like stretching my legs to cut short the terrifying dreams. I like seeing them through. In fact. I enjoy them now. And because I love horror films alot, the more terrifying these dreams are, the more enjoyable they become.
Recently, I had this frightening dream that I was being pursued by President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria...

Dreams are very funny phenomenon... becuase, how I got to 'Aso Rock'-where he resides will continue to be a mystery. But I was there. What preceded my coming before his excellency's presence is a little bit hazy now.

There I was at the same table with OBJ. Though, he looked rather very old and pale. I was relaxed as if it was the usual thing to sit before a 'president' and a retired general.
I remember telling him that Nigerians are not happy with him. In response, he said shut-up..."you that have been away for over twelve years... how do you know that Nigerians are not happy...'oloshi'...

I said what? ..."you are the one 'baba'... who is 'oloshi'... you, who have decided to make the presidency your personal property...
From no where, about sixteen Goliath like men came after me. Instead of 'baba' to respect himself and allow his 'rottweilers' do their job, he sprang up with a surprising agility be-lying his age and look...

Then, the seemingly abominable happened. The president stumbled and fell flat on his 'pot-belly'...
On my heels were these giant guards chasing tirelessly. 'Aso-Rock' is a maze. Too many corridors and doors.

I could not tell whether I was on the first or second or third floor... they all look the same. And I was being sucked into a vortex...I meandered left, then right which tailed at cul-de-sac...
My heart was pounding. And I waited for the worse...
Then, I opened my eyes...I was on my bed, in my room. Dreams. They will always be dreams....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't attach much importance to dreams either. but its obvious that this dream of yours is bound to become real. i mean, obasanjo has already stumbled and he is falling.in fact, i don't see anything that will prevent this great fall.

Anonymous said...

U must be out of ya mind to dream of someone like O.B.J
U should consider yusef lucky it was just a dream.

Anonymous said...

wish u could dream of W. Bush falling from mount everest and breaking his neck...

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! http://www.major-league-baseball-3.info Assault paintball guns Orlando gay  24 hr Designer plus size maternity clothes Monday night football wav file Budget rent car san juan pr