Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Can't Take It Anymore...?

Today, I witnessed something strange. I saw a man cry. It was a brutal disgrace... to all other men. What the heck! Men are not suppose to cry- no matter what. To make matters worse, he cried in the public toilet at work. And all the women who frequented the corridor leading to the toilet had to snigger around- making faces as if they understood.
This young man always keep to himself. I have never seen him at the staff canteen chatting like everyone else.

I have never even seen him laugh. I like people who laugh. I like Africans. They laugh alot and they always laugh out loud. Some of these 'people here'(you know the people i am talking about... don't want to sound racist) carry on as if sadness is their thing. Some of them always wear a long face. You say 'hi'...all you hear is ..'.hmm'...
This young man who digraced all men, is in that category. Always with a long face. He is going bald... and I know he is relatively young.
We had to bang the door several times before he opened. He was convulsing with bottled emotions.

Jerry. Thats his name. What could possibly make a man leave his home and come to work and lock-up himself in the toilet and cry like woman. (Ladies, I apologise)
Well, when he eventually found his voice, he said..." I am tired...can't take it anymore..."
We learnt later, that the wife was giving him a hell of time at home. How the rumour mongers came to this conclusion till date, I can't tell. I feel so sorry for Jerry. I learnt he is 38, but he looks 68... if not more. He has a tigress for a wife.

The rumour-mongers also said he suffers from High Blood Pressure. I guess his wife will send him to his grave early if something is not done fast.
Some women, they make their men experience hell on earth. Why?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha[Lol]...hahaha! so what if a man cries. this ha u guys deceive urself that men are not suppose to cry and they end up dieing young bcos' of bottled emotion.
Am sure jerry will go to his grave early if he doesn't leave the tigress according to u.

Anonymous said...

I pity the young man. He has more tears to shed if he doesn't take a decisive action to liberate himself.

LondonBuki said...

Sometimes we can't help but overload ourselves with our problems...

When we are in certain situations, we forget that life is too short and it really helps when we have ppl around us to remind us when we feel all hope is gone (haha Mariah Carey's line right there)

Seriously though... we are in this world for ourselves first before anyone else.

Hopefully the man will see that...

Nneka's World said...

Eya for the poor guy oh!
What is it about men and crying?

R said...

I feel badly for the man.

And I find that I am not averse to seeing a man cry especially although I am rather better able to deal with it in private than in public.

Women make men cry, men make women cry... I don't know why some people sleep better when they're bringing misery to those around them.

Or maybe they don't realise what they're doing.