Thursday, December 08, 2005

LADIES, WHAT IS THIS?



I am going to attempt treading where angels dare not. Today, I am going to attempt talking about women and fashion or should I say an aspect of their fashion style that has baffled not only me, but most decent people.
Why is it that SOME women find it fashionable to expose 99% of their boobs in the name of cleavage? Why? Recently, I was invited to a radio programme with other participants - two guys and three ladies.
One of the ladies was conspicuosly outlandish in her outfit. The cleavage in front of her dress left nothing for men to imagine. Her boobs were gaping, wobbling,and rocking unsteadingly from side to side all through the meeting. Embarrassingly enough my eyes kept going in that direction involuntarily. If she had attempted to stoop(bend forward with her chest), I am convincingly certain that her boobs would have fallen out of her bra( I doubt if she wore any). To say the least, most of us, including our host were uncomfortable throughout the meeting.
My question is: why do some women choose to wear such dresses that expose their boobs to the world and they tend to be defiant about it. Is it women liberation syndrome or mere unabashed shamelessness. I need answers to these questions; because it is ironical that a woman begins to dress properly when she is going to bed.Why?

Just look at the musical videos of this days and you will see how women have allowed themselves to become slaves to the fashion world by choosing to come out naked in the name of dancing; while their male counterparts are fully clothed. Why?
Can't women remain fashionable without exposing the vital parts of their body? I know some would want to argue that women dress this way, in order to impress or attract men. Agreed!
But from careful study, men prefer to hang out with such ladies whereas, when it comes to serious relationship and marriage, they choose the 'not -so -loud' and undisconcerted ones. Ladies, haven't you realise this!
No decent man would like his wife to expose her/his boobs for all hungry eyes to feast on. Women should be able to draw a line between fashion and indecent exposure of their body. Women should not forget that '' a decomposing fish with infested maggot will definitely be invaded by flies''!And it is any fly for that matter!

3 comments:

Nneka's World said...

So-obscure, I actually do agree with on one aspect, choosing the correct time and place to expose your boobs, I am one of the veterans for booby exposure, as in my ass is too big to be exposed and I am sure that if I surely do so I would cause arot o accidents, instead I choose to expose the top half, only because I think they are nice, if you have got it, flaunt it. But I only do so when I am going out clubbing or to some hot festivities ;)
But exposing your boobs in a conference or work or somewhere that requires you to dress in a decent matter, is a no-no. Its choosing the right time and place to do so, that is all.:)

Imnakoya said...

In the rarefied world of the artists, this sort of behavior (exhibitionism) seem appropriate, well practiced and tolerated. To my mere mortals like you and I, woe betide us if we dare! With instances like these, well, I guess one can practice the act of voyeurism at no consequence, afterall it is a free show. Disgusting or tantalizing; it all depends on your locale on the moral scale.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Hmmn...
I don't know whether to be for or against.

If I'm for, I might lose my reputation as gentle clergy.
If I'm against, there might be 'free shows' as zito will put it.