Monday, April 03, 2006

Figure This Out...




So I received this phone call Saturday morning... time, 6:07am [I was still feeling very very sleepy]
Grrh...grrh..grrh..
I groped for the phone. "Hello"...
And this tiny feminine voice at the other end said... "bros..."
Who...? I growled...
Shanti. [Shanti is my baby sister...19]...
Do you realise what time it is...? I yelled. Where're you..and what is it...?

Am at the police station... she said [I sprang from my bed almost immediately...]
What happenned...? I asked as I struggled to put on my trousers and shirt at the same... in the process, I fell and rose instanter.
The voice at the other end started fading..."am at the Bay station, when you get here, I will explain"[ and it look like she's been crying]. Then, the phone went dead.

Picked up my wallet and the keys. Dashed to Bay station in 37 minutes.
Went straight to desk officer. "Morning officer..."
Yeah, morning...replied the officer. How can I help you... he asked.
Mainwhile, I was trying to see the names on the notice-board... there was no Shanti...
Well officer, I am here in respect of my younger sister... her name is Shanti.
Shanti who...? The officer asked. Shanti Anderson I said.
He turned and started going through a list... "What was she arrested for..."
Officer, I don't know. I am here to find out.

The officer looked up and said... " am afraid there is no Shanti Anderson here...
I looked at him very hard...officer, are you sure...? Please double check because she called me about an hour ago saying she was arrested... and being detained at the Bay station...
Was there a number...the officer asked.
I brought out my phone and checked. Yes officer, there is a number. I showed it to him.
He looked at it and said...well, this number is not from here...

The officer was very helpful. He suggested I call the number with their phone...
So, I dialed the number. It rang...and the same voice[Shanti's] came on..."hello"...
Shanti where are you...? I'm at the station...[this time, I was yelling...feeling flustered and frustrated]
The voice at the end said..."bros, na April fool..."














7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaaaahha....
i knew u wud post dis...hahaha
i tot u said no' one can fool u.
we had a gud laf@ ur expense...hahahahahahahhaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaa.

Nome

Nneka's World said...

Hahahahahahahaha, Oh My LORD!!!!!
That was some April fool!
Bwuhahahahaha!!!!
*rolling on the floor*

Anonymous said...

haba, i will beat the living day- light out of her when i get home.
april fool my foot. humiliating big bros like you this small girls don't have respect for elders. imagine, pulling you out of bed just to say april fool.and we all know how you love your early morning sleep. sorry my dear.

Imnakoya said...

That was a darn good!

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!

I woke up at like 2pm on April Fool's Day so I missed out on all the fun... Thank God for that.

TMinx said...

She got you gooooooddddd1!

Americana said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha, ROTFl. This is a good one bros. Whats going on sha? Nice to be back on ya page again.