Monday, March 27, 2006

The American Idol...As seen By Me...




The american idol comes to us late. Some of us see the Tuesdays and Wednesdays editions on Fridays.
I love the host/presenter Ryan Seacrest. I usually enjoy the way he introduces the program...
The way he says..."this,is american idol" after the preamble...
The judges are also marvelous-especially Simon Cowell. he has been described as brutally honest.
Simon, has he ever sang...? I doubt. With those biceps like a weight lifter, I very much doubt,if he can sing.

Simon, is the most honest of the three judges in my opinion.
But the only problem I have with him is that he does not give words of encouragement like Paula.
Simon just says the plain truth- he doesn't care if the performer is hurt or not.
I think people will love him more if , he can lace his honest opinion with some words of encouragement.

One other thing I find appalling with the american idol is the elimination process.
Can some body tell me why the contestant who is eliminated have to be humiliated with the very song that cost him or her the contest...?
Why does he or she have to be made to perform the same song that cost them the contest...?
Why can't the losers be given the option of picking one of their best songs to perform since they are leaving...
The idea of repeating the very song that gave you the lowest vote, I find most excruciating and humiliating.

Anyhow, I still salute the courage of all the contestants in this reality TV show.
I love american idol!
I am predicting Katherine Mcphee, Mandisa, Chris Daughtry... to be the three top finalist...
What do you think...?

6 comments:

Nneka's World said...

i THINK THAT MANDISA WILL SAIL THROUGH.
THEY SHOULD GET RID OF BUCKY AND HIS HAIR, PLUS ACE AS WELL, HE THINKS HE IS SEXY, BUT HE JUST LOOKS LIKE A KNOBHEAD TO ME WHEN HE TRIES TO BE "SMOLDERING AND SEXY"
FOR THE MEN, I THINK THE BEST SINGER THERE IS ELLIOT YAMIN, VERY VERY TALENTED.
CHRIS, I REALLY DONT KNOW, BUT WE WILL SEE.
KATHERINE SANG THE HELL OUT OF THAT SONG!
ANYWAY AMERICAN IDOL FOR ME IS JUST A WAY TO PASS THE FRIDAY NIGHT

Anonymous said...

i agree wit u on katherine and mandisa,as for chris and his rock n roll, well, i still prefer elliot like the comment above.
simon, i hate his guts.

Anonymous said...

SLY: its a pity you do not have a blog site, I would 've loved to take up some issues with you.

For instance, hating Simon's guts.
Are you being sarcastic or plain frank. Anyway, which ever, I still feel simon is one of the best judges on that program and i love his guts.

Simon Jr.

Anonymous said...

simon jr: my not having a blogsite should not stop or prevent you from raising those issues.

when i said i hated simon's guts, i'm only being frank as so many people have pointed out-including the original post.

you may agree or disagree wit this, but it doesn't change anything. i still hate his guts for making so many talented young boys and girls uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »