Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Imagine this...!

...why are there so many trolleys outside...? I don't know. Get down and find out...It was like a military command--a 'General' giving orders to one of his subordinates...That was the brief conservation between Tracy (my boss) and I on Saturday...

So, I left whatever I was doing and trudged like a zombie downstairs. And truly, there were trolleys all over the place-- some in the middle of the road, others directly behind parked cars...it was chaotic!

I immediately rang up the supervisor in -charge. Paul, thats his name. He came sweating.
Paul, why is there no one picking up these trolleys and returning them to base...I asked.

With an exasperated sigh, he started collecting the trolleys almost immediately.Within a short time, the mess was cleared. But I wasn't satisfied. I intend to find out who was lagging. I went straight to the office to look at the time sheet.

Only two peple signed -in. What happened to the other two...? I asked Paul again.
I can only give account of one he responded defiantly...
And who can you give account of...I asked patiently.
Smith. He is very sick--he replied.What happened to Mr Kwoofie? I asked. I don't know sir... Paul shot back...

I got the message. Tracy and Paul are trying to pass the blame on me.I was the one who personally brought Mr Kwoofie--vouching for his good conduct and character...

This is not the first time he has abstained from work without permission or calling his supervisor....but I'm going to make it is the last...

After work, I stopped over at Mr Kwoofies' place to find out why he was absent....
I met the wife Nana. And from all indications, she's been crying.
Without beating about the bush, I asked her the whereabout of Kwoofie...
Between sobs she told me her husband was arrested that afternoon. what for...? I asked.

She then went on to narrate the most ridiculous story that I have heard in years...
Kwoofie and Nana have a thirteen year old daughter--Aisha.
They all move from Africa to the UK two years ago...Aisha is that type who looks bigger and smarter than her age. Most people(including me-when I saw her the first time) assumed she is seventeen--thats how big she is...

Kwoofie caught Aisha in bed with a guy. A white boy. He decided to take the law into his own hands. He flogged Aisha until she fainted. And when she came to, she had the temerity to call the police...The white boy? He escaped the wrath of a vexed Ghanian.

Mr Kwoofie was given the opportunity to make a phone call... He didn't call me nor Paul his supervisor at work...instead, he chose to call the chairman of his tribe union in the UK...

That was why trolleys were scattered all-over the place...and because I was the one who recommeded Mr Kwoofie for the job, My integrity is at stake.

The funny thing is, I cannot repeat this story before my boss--it would appear as if I brought an irresponsible man for the job --Most of the people at work won't understand--that in Africa, MOST parents beat up their children if they step out of line...and this is quite often....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she called the cops....that girl needs to be sent back to Africa! For-real!!!!!

Sorry about work though....what r u going to do??

LondonBuki said...

My cousin tried that nonsense once! He dialed "999" when my aunty beat him and put the phone down real quick!

It's really a risk recommending someone... you never know if they are going to let you down.

Hope it works out ok.

Anonymous said...

Aristocrat. Finally caught up with you.And I hope you are not going to be discouraged by this silly incident.
I can see you 're putting the creative thing to use.
Hopefully, I will come up a blog soon.

Anonymous said...

There is a difference between disciplining a child and beating a child senseless/unconcious, as Mr Kwoofie did his daughter. I am glad Aisha had the strength to report her father. Mr Kwoofie got what he deserved.

Ulrich said...

I can't agree more with anonymous... yes, there a great deal of difference b/w beating up a child and flogging her to the point of unconsciousness...mr kwoofie's behaviour could be termed...as killing a fly with a sledge hammer. I hope the police will caution him and he would have learnt a lesson from this.

Nneka's World said...

Talk true, the girl has liver, they caught her in bed at 13 with a guy, and she called the cops just becos them beat am? E be like say the papa no beat am well!!!!
Well hope all is well