Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Niger-Delta in Me...

I used to have enormous respect for my boss. This has changed. Now,I treat her with suspicion. My boss is a lady. She is Swedish. Is Sweden close to Denmark? I don't want to be too close to anybody that is close to Denmark. And you know why.
Anyway, we were the best of friends until she robbed me of my annual holiday last year.
It is our companys' policy for all employees to apply for their annual holidays at the beginning of the year. The bosses then streamline, re-arrange, approve or disapprove as the case may be. It is always very rare to disapprove.

Somehow, I wanted my holiday in the month of April; but she (my boss) shifted it to November- saying Mr Blah-Blah-Blah has been scheduled for April. I grudgingly accepted.
November eventually came, but there was too much work to do. I was paid all entitlements but could not proceed on my vacation. It was not funny! And I guess she saw unhappiness written all over me that period. She placated me with this gift of a mini DVD player(£99). I smiled. I have too many DVDs already. And I would have preferred my vacation.

Yesterday, I submitted my application for vacation. I did not seal the envelope. I wanted her to open and read the application while I am still there. She did. "October...? She wailed! "I don't think that period is still...emm..."
I did not allow her to complete the statement. I said " AM, (administrative manager) do you know that I was raised in the Niger Delta of Nigeria...?" She dropped the application on her table, and looked at me through the rim of her glasses.
" What has that got to do with your application...?"
I said nothing!
I decided not to let her have a clue of my game plan.

Wahlahi, if she tries anything with my vacation this time around, I will kidnap her children. After all, the children are very close to me. Nobody will suspect. Then, I will make my demands. I might even add some other things-an official car, with a driver. That my office is too small, I might demand for a bigger one- with a secretary. Yes! I am more qualified than half of the morons who are attached with secretaries and official cars in that company.
Who knows, it might work. Anyway, why won't the plan work...? My boss loves her children... unlike the Federal government of Nigeria and Obasanjo who do not care whether the people of the Niger Delta are alive or dead...or whether the kidnapped expatriates are beaten, tortured or killed.

I hope I won't have to carry out this plan. It will be too bad for her and the children and her husband...( that ugly husband of hers) and the company too. It will teach them a lesson! And I hope they learn from the lesson...not to deprive people- especially the males of their annual vacations next time... (there are too many women in that company).
Let nobody try to discourage me from this plan... that is, if she tempers with my vacation this year, I will teach her a bitter lesson! I pray she doesn't!

9 comments:

Imnakoya said...

hahah [LOL] Bobo don't do am o, last time I heard, the Brtits gaols have really turned nasty! Besides, we still want to read from you here not from there.

LondonBuki said...

lol!!!! Are you trying to say that your tribesmen resort to kidnapping when angry?!?!? As you know, you are in England and if your boss goes about saying you mentioned being from Niger-Delta b4 kidnapping her kids..... hmmm...

Take it easy, hope it all works out.

Queenb said...

Did you just say kidnap her children? ROTFLMAO! It aint that serious, sounds like job security to me boo, you are indispensable, that cant even let you go for vacation! I say you talk to her about it, bring up last year and how you couldn’t take your scheduled vacation and you will be surprised she may just give in. You are absolutely Hilary!!

Queenb said...

Did you just say kidnap her children? ROTFLMAO! It aint that serious, sounds like job security to me boo, you are indispensable, that cant even let you go for vacation! I say you talk to her about it, bring up last year and how you couldn’t take your scheduled vacation and you will be surprised she may just give in. You are absolutely Hilary!!

TMinx said...

I love it! lolll, ur good!

Nneka's World said...

So-obscure, na wa oh! You wan kill me with lafter.
Hahahahahaha.
Dont worry she would give you the holiday

Olawunmi said...

lmbaorotf.

omo, be careful of the kidnap o, what if they don't pay the ransom, how you go handle am?

lol.

R said...

I didn't see that kidnap twist coming until it was right in my face so I had myself a good holler!

lol

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. security police video doctor patient bdsm Yoho cosmetic surgery Annual report daimler chrysler canada Time share rentals houston Norweigen cruise lines hawaii anxiety zoloft Hardcore pic posting piscines83.205.61.58c spas et saunas buspar and peripheral neuropathy divorce papers naked boy teens